Sunday 23 September 2012

Well hello again followers I am back in the blogging business.

Since my last post in August last year a lot has changed. I found work then left work when the family moved to a new town. I am now living back not far from where I grew up. My son is going to the same school I attended nearly a quarter of a century ago.

We have changed rugby clubs. My son now plays for Dinnington RUFC. Currently he is in their development team. This isn't a reflection on his ability more the fact that their first team is very strong and he has to learn the Dinno way and work his way into the first team. He made his debut last week in a 36 - 25 loss to Market Rasen.

Today we were at Sheffield RUFC. The A team beat Sheffield 31 - 12. The boy then came on to play in the B team match. He played at wing. Dinno won 15 - 12.  We have both been made welcome by the people at Dinnington and so the change has been made easier.

Apart from irritations caused by doctors the move has been a fantastic success. Since moving I have found work. The house we are renting is fabulous and we are trying to buy it. We have also seen other houses in case we can't. I am walking more because everything is so close that I don't need the car. We go out walking in the forest regularly and the bike is getting dusted down.

My job at University of Sheffield has been great. So all we need to do now is find our own house and get my wife a job nearer to home. There are plenty of jobs out there you just need to be flexible in your outlook and be picky about what you apply for.

Well in the coming weeks more travels with Dinno and other exciting things.


No comments: