Tuesday 15 December 2009

A few thoughts

Well I have been accepted on the PGCE and have now called off my henchmen after what I thought was a really bad interview process. They still await my call 'At my command unleash hell'. I now know what path I am intending to go down and I know what I want to do if I get to the end of that path and it is just now a case of putting in some hard work to get there.

Today I gave some money to a man sitting on the roadside begging. Why did you do that some of you may be asking? I have been walking the 2 miles or so from the kids' school to work and this morning was a fairly brisk morning. Normally I would give to the Salvation Army and outsource the hard work to somebody else and I would always commend support to them as they were there for me and mine when I was a kid. My logic was that maybe if I give this guy something he might get some immediate benefit from it, maybe a cup of tea. Financially it wasn't going to make any great difference to me. Morally it doesn't make a difference to me. If he then went and spent the money on something else then ultimately he will have to answer for his choices to higher authority than I.

What really struck me was the fact that this man who apparently had nothing much to speak of he was courteous and polite which is more than some of my clients are a lot of the time. Maybe if I see him again I will speak to him a bit more and find out where he fits into the universe.

No comments: